Oct 31Sat 09:00 AM - Sun 06:00 PM Voorhees, NJ
On-Site "Hands-On" SeminarDr Jeff Cullers, DC, B.S., L.M.T, NCBTMB
- CE hours: 16
Register10 places remaining
- $195.00 excl. Tax
Seminar Level: Intermediate/Advanced (No Prerequisite Needed)
Instructor: Dr. Jeffrey Cullers
This course satisfies State of Pennsylvania & New Jersey Boards of Massage Therapy license renewal requirements and consists of the following number of CEs:
- 16 LIVE NCBTMB Approved CEs
- 8 FREE ONLINE State of Pennsylvania Board of Massage Approved CEs or 6 FREE ONLINE State of New Jersey Board of Massage Approved CEs
In this interactive and challenging seminar, Chiropractic Physician, SOMI Certified Medical Massage Practitioner/Trainer, and Licensed Massage Therapist Dr. Jeff Cullers, will introduce you to the science of and the clinical application of Somatic Rehabilitation and how to properly assess, treat and oftentimes eliminate a condition affecting many people today called Upper Cross Syndrome, generically called "Text Neck".
Upper Cross Syndrome can lead to a condition known as Anterior Scalene Muscle Syndrome or ASMS. ASMS can contribute to 14 conditions related to the upper extremities and affects many people today.
Using hands-on training, students will learn how to easily assess for conditions related to the cervical spine and upper extremity such as Anterior Scalene Muscle Syndrome aka Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Upper Cross Syndrome. We will establish a logical understanding of the scientifically based pattern of soft tissue rehabilitation using the concept of Somatic Rehabilitation aka Medical Massage.
This seminar will focus on the anatomy and physiology of Scalene Muscles, their relation to Brachial Plexus, Subclavian Artery, and Vein; assessment and evaluation of Anterior Scalene Muscle Syndrome/Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and the proper application of easy to use hands-on treatment Protocol.
COVID-19 Seminar Requirements:
1. Upon arrival, temperatures will be taken using a touch-less thermometer.
2. Each attendee will be required to use hand sanitizer at check in.
3. Attendees will be required to wear a face mask during the entire seminar.
4. During the lecture portion of the seminar, seating will be spaced 6 feet apart.
5. During the Hands-On portion of the seminar, massage tables will be spaced 6 feet apart.
We will do our best to keep the seminar meeting space safe, however, it is not our companies’ responsibility to provide PPE to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at a seminar. Each attendee needs to bring the necessary PPE and follow the guidelines that the CDC or the States have recommended. It is our company’s policy that if an attendee refuses to follow these guidelines they will not be permitted to attend a seminar.
What to bring:
- Massage Table/Linens
- Massage lotions or oils
- Nonalcoholic beverages
- Hand Sanitizer
- Face mask
- Loose comfortable clothing such as yoga or fitness attire