No events to show
Seminar Level: Intermediate/Advanced (No Prerequisite Needed)
Instructor: Gina Burke LMT
This course satisfies State of Pennsylvania Board of Massage Therapy license renewal requirements and consists of the following number of CEs:
- 16 LIVE NCBTMB Approved CEs
- 8 FREE ONLINE State of Pennsylvania Board of Massage Approved CEs
In this interactive and challenging seminar Gina Burke, Licensed massage therapist and licensed continuing education instructor, will present the importance of Neuromuscular Therapy, postural analysis, and cervical and shoulder muscle techniques, trigger point information, hands-on techniques that treat the muscles of the regions and musculoskeletal imbalances.
Students will learn:
1. How the Paul St. John method was discovered
2. The different types of trigger points and what they do to the body
3. The neurological laws that govern how pain is distributed through the body
4. How cervical dysfunction can cause repetitive use injury symptoms
5. Locating the source of a client’s pain
6. The cervical, shoulder, and pectoral muscle techniques that correct pain and dysfunction
7. Proper biomechanics for the therapist while performing the techniques
NOTE: Students need to know the origin, insertion, and action of the following muscles and their groups before coming to class. These muscles will not be taught or reviewed.
COVID-19 Seminar Requirements:
1. Upon arrival, temperatures will be taken using a touch-less thermometer.
2. Each attendee will be required to use hand sanitizer at check in.
3. Attendees will be required to wear a face mask during the entire seminar.
4. During the lecture portion of the seminar, seating will be spaced 6 feet apart.
5. During the Hands-On portion of the seminar, massage tables will be spaced 6 feet apart.
We will do our best to keep the seminar meeting space safe, however, it is not our companies’ responsibility to provide PPE to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at a seminar. Each attendee needs to bring the necessary PPE and follow the guidelines that the CDC or the States have recommended. It is our company’s policy that if an attendee refuses to follow these guidelines they will not be permitted to attend a seminar.
What to bring:
- Massage Table/Linens
- Massage lotions or oils
- Nonalcoholic beverages
- Hand Sanitizer
- Face mask
- Loose comfortable clothing such as yoga or fitness attire