No events to show
Seminar Level: Intermediate/Advanced (No Prerequisite Needed)
Instructor: Dr. Jeffrey Cullers
Aug 14, 2021: 9:00am - 3:00pm (Part 1)
Aug 15, 2021: 9:00am - 3:00pm (Part 2)
This course consists of the following number of CEs:
- 12 LIVE NCBTMB & CE Broker Approved CEs
In this interactive and challenging seminar our instructor, Chiropractic Physician, SOMI Certified Medical Massage Instructor/Trainer and Licensed Massage Therapist Dr. Jeff Cullers, will present the importance of identifying and eliminating fibrotic bridges/adhesions that may form in between the layers of the skin, superficial and deep fascia and the potential health risks associated when fibrotic bridges/adhesions develop in Connective Tissue structures.
Dr. Cullers will discuss the following:
1. CTM & Medical Massage – Is there a connection?
2 What is CTM/Bindegewebsmasage
3 Origin and Development of CTM/Bindegewebsmassage
4. Theoretical Foundation for the Mechanism of Effect
5. Anatomy, Physiology & Pathophysiology of Connective Tissue
6. Neuroanatomical and Neurophysiological Principles
7. The Sensory System
8. The Motor System
9. The Autonomic Nervous System
10. The Segmental Structure of the Body & Physiological Reflex Mechanism
11. Introduction to Diagnostic Evaluation of CTZs
12. CTM/Bindegewebsmassage Techniques
13. CTM/Bindegewebsmassage Protocols
14. Post Isometric Relaxation
Dr. Cullers will present Connective Tissue assessment and treatment techniques discovered and developed in 1929 by Physical Therapist E. Dicke from Germany. With the assistance of Professor Kohlrausch Ph.D. and Dr. Veil MD in Germany, very precise and scientifically proven Connective Tissue Massage/Bindegewebsmassage protocols were tested and developed.
In this course, you will learn how and why to use European Connective Tissue Massage/Bindegewebsmassage techniques such as German Connective Tissue Massage, Skin Rolling and Silicone Cupping.
Using these Connective Tissue assessment protocols and techniques in your private practice will produce amazing results for your clients and or patients.
- PC or Mac - Laptop or Desktop with a webcam
- Strong Internet Connection
- Snacks and Beverages
Items Needed (Optional):
- Massage Table/Linens
- This is a 2 PART LIVE course presented using ZOOM webinar. For the Hands-On portion of this course, to learn the Hands-On techniques presented, it is recommended to have a client/person to perform the techniques on. If you do not have someone to practice on, you will be observing.
National Academy of Medical Massage dba Premier Continuing Education is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and is also sponsored by NCBTMB to teach New York LMTs continuing education that is accepted by the state of New York for license renewal.